Are you planning on throwing a graduation party? Are you overwhelmed with all the tasks that you need to perform? Is it all chaos in your head? Which venue to select? How many people to invite? What to serve? All these questions can tire you out if you’re not strategic in planning your party.
That is why you need an ultimate checklist. A checklist that includes all the big and small tasks that go into throwing the most memorable graduation party can make life easier for you. So, we have done half the work for you and constructed a comprehensive checklist that we’re sharing below.
With this checklist, you’ll forget nothing and won’t miss out on anything important. We have also added a time frame to the checklist so you know exactly when to do what. From graduation party supply kits to catering, the list covers it all.
Our ultimate graduation party checklist is all you need to throw the most talked-about and well-organized graduation party in town. So, put on your party hats, and let’s get started.
Checklist for 3 Months before the Party
Most of the important decisions regarding the graduation party must be taken a few months in advance of the actual day. There are a few key things that you’ll have to sort out to ensure that your party planning goes smoothly. You’ll have to make a choice about the venue, food, date of the party, and the theme. Here’s a practical checklist for all the tasks that you need to do:
- Choose the date of the party: Choose a weekend before or after the graduation ceremony, which is convenient for the majority of the guests.
- Choose a party venue: Decide whether you want to rent a space or host at home. Check out different locations and compare them in order to choose the one that suits you the best.
- Choose the time of the party: Will it be a day party or an evening affair?
- Choose the theme of the party: Decide what the theme of your party will be. This will help you choose the venue and decorations. Choose the colors of the party.
- Set a budget: Decide how much you want to spend on the graduation party.
- Decide the number of guests: Make a guest list of all the people you’ll invite.
- Place an order for tents, tables, and chairs: Rent these essentials based on the number of guests.
6 Weeks before the Party- Checklist
Here’s a practical checklist for all the tasks that you need to do at least six weeks before the graduation party:
- Finalize the Guest List
- Choose and place an order for invitations: Decide whether you’ll do e-invites or you’ll go the traditional way.
- Collect pictures and memorabilia of the graduate
- Make a catering/food list.
- Place an order for catering.
- Look up-graduation décor ideas.
- Pick the music: Decide whether you’re hiring a DJ, band, or making your own playlist. In that case, make sure to arrange speakers.
- Purchase decoration supplies: Order graduation party kits, personalized graduation balloons, party favors, etc.
- Place an order for personalized banners, signs, or backdrops
2-weeks before Party- Checklist
Here’s a practical checklist for all the tasks that you need to do at least 2 weeks before the graduation party:
- Send out invitations
- Create a Facebook Event: Creating a Facebook event along with sending out invites is the best way to go. Make sure you make the event description fun. You can also brainstorm a catchy hashtag for the party.
- Place an order for the cake and other desserts.
- Start purchasing food and drinks.
- Go party outfit shopping.
- Start working on your DIY decoration projects (If any)
- Make sure you’ve ordered all the decoration supplies.
- Place an order at the local florist.
The Week of the party
Here’s a practical checklist for all the tasks that you need to do the week of the graduation party:
- Charge all your cameras, speakers, and other electrical gadgets
- Clean your house if you’re hosting the party at home
- Complete all your DIY decoration projects
- Buy any last-minute party supplies.
- Call all your rentals and confirm your bookings.
- Order personalized graduation ballons
The Party Day
Here’s a practical checklist for all the tasks that you need to do on the day of the graduation party:
- Pick up food
- Pick up the cake and other desserts.
- Pickup balloons
- Set-up party decor
- Play music
- Have fun at the party
There are no celebrations like a graduation party. You can make yours memorable with the help of our ultimate checklist.